Students enrolled full-time or part-time in a degree granting program at San Francisco State University (i.e., matriculating students) are eligible for a free copy of Microsoft Office 365 Education for Students. To obtain the software:
- Mac users: Make sure your computer is fully patched and all Apple updates are installed before beginning the installation process
- Log in to your email: https://outlook.office365.com
- Click Office 365 at the top left of the window
- At the homepage, select Install Office (top right)
- Follow the instructions to install the software
- Once the software is installed, you should be prompted to sign in using your Microsoft credentials. Please enter your SF State email address in the box provided. It should then redirect you to the SF State Global Login screen, where you can sign in with your SF State ID and password.
If you are not directed to SF State's login screen, please contact the ITS Service Desk for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student employees granted an @sfsu.edu email address must use the employee work at home program to obtain software
- SF State provides support for Student email and other account related issues. For non-account related issues with the Office 365 software products (e.g., Excel, Word, SharePoint, Teams, Sway, etc.), students should contact Microsoft Office 365 University support at (866) 425-3959
- Due to security concerns, MS Forms has been temporarily deactivated for students. It is expected to be re-activated after 2FA is extended to students.
Students enrolled full-time or part-time in a degree granting program at San Francisco State University (i.e., matriculating students) are eligible for a free copy of Microsoft Windows 10. The software can be downloaded through the student section of OnTheHub (log in with your SF State ID and password).
- During the Microsoft Student software setup, you will be required to register the product with Microsoft
- For assistance with this software, students should contact Microsoft Office 365 University support at (866) 425-3959
- Students are not allowed to trade or sell the software media