Office 365 for Students
Students enrolled full-time or part-time in a degree granting program at San Francisco State University (i.e., matriculating students) are eligible for a free copy of Microsoft Office 365 Education for Students. To obtain the software:
- Mac users: Make sure your computer is fully patched and all Apple updates are installed before beginning the installation process
- Log in to your email: live.sfsu.edu
- Click Office 365 at the top left of the window
- At the homepage, select Install Office 2016 (top right)
- Follow the instructions to install the software
- When directed to SF State's login page, enter your ID and Password to register your software (NOTE: if you are not directed to SF State's login and are asked to login with Microsoft credentials do NOT enter your SF State information. Contact the ITS Help Desk for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Note: Student employees granted an @sfsu.edu email address must use the work at home program to obtain software.
Students enrolled full-time or part-time in a degree granting program at San Francisco State University (i.e., matriculating students) are eligible for a free copy of Microsoft Windows 10. The software can be downloaded through the student section of OnTheHub (log in with your SF State ID and password).
- During the Microsoft Student software setup, you will be required to register the product with Microsoft
- For assistance with this software, students should contact Microsoft Office 365 University support at (866) 425-3959
- Students are not allowed to trade or sell the software media
Still Need Help?
If you weren’t able to find your answer, submit a service request ticket to the ITS Service Desk. Service request tickets are responded to during normal business hours.