SF State provides limited hardware support for campus owned equipment. For most hardware repair/issues, contact your hardware vendor(s).
- Technology Acquisition Review
- Standard Workstation Specifications
- SF State Hardware Pricing Agreements
- Offsite Media Rotation
- Xerox MFC
Technology acquisitions, purchased or obtained at no cost, must be reviewed for accessibility and security compliance prior to purchase/implementation. Review the Technology Acquisition Review guide and complete the request form for all campus technology acquisitions.
The campus publishes a standard computer specification once per year that includes a three year warranty. For bulk/campus refresh orders, please have your IT representative complete the Select Worksheet.
PC/Dell Computers for 2017-18
- Standard PC Desktop: Optiplex 7040MT
- Lightweight PC Laptop: Latitude E7470
- Ultrabook PC Laptop: XPS 13
- Performance PC Laptop: Precision 15 5000
- Computer Lab PC Desktop: Optiplex 7440 (23" All-In-One)
Macintosh Comptuers for 2017-18
- Standard Macintosh Desktop: 21.5" iMac
- Lightweight Macintosh Laptop: 13" MacBook Pro
- Performance Macintosh Laptop: 15" MacBook Pro
Master Price agreements allow users to purchase products and services at pre-determined prices under San Francisco State University Wide or CSU State Wide site license agreements. The CSU-wide Agreements for Computer Hardware can be viewed at the CSU Contract Store
Institutional Purchases: Dell Higher Education
Personal Purchases: SF State Premier Portal
SF State portal for HP Direct.
Contact Jake Wozniak at the Toshiba Edu/Gov division for pricing.
1-888-625-3276 ext 7077
SF State offers offsite storage and backup for campus departments. More information on this program can be found under the Offsite Media Rotation Program Policy.