Welcome to SF State!
As a new employee, you need to set up your SF State ID account before you can request or use SF State services, including email and file sharing. Please complete the three steps outlined to finalize your account setup. You will need your SF State ID number. If you do not know your ID number, you can use the online SF State ID Lookup tool or contact Human Resources.
1. Create a Password
- Navigate to the SF State Password Reset tool
- Enter your SF State ID number and click Next
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create security questions, your password, and add an external/emergency email
- Wait 30 minutes for your account creation to complete
If you are unable to use the online reset tool, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 415.338.1420 or ADM 110 to have a reset code manually created.
2. Create and Access your Email Account
3. Create a Box @ SF State Account for File Storage
- Navigate to sfsu.box.com
- Enter your SF State Email Address and Password
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Your account will be provisioned and you can now access Box @ SF State through the above link and the desktop application
For access to additional SF State Services such as OnBase, File Shares, or CMS/CFS, please contact your department for paperwork/approvals.