SF State provides limited hardware support for campus owned equipment. For most hardware repair/issues, contact your hardware vendor(s).
- Technology Acquisition Review
- Standard Workstation Specifications
- SF State Hardware Pricing Agreements
- Offsite Media Rotation
- Xerox MFC
Technology acquisitions, purchased or obtained at no cost, must be reviewed for accessibility and security compliance prior to purchase/implementation. Review the Technology Acquisition Review guide and complete the request form for all campus technology acquisitions.
The campus publishes standard computer specifications in order to ensure that computers being purchased will work with our campus systems and be compatible with campus IT Security requirements.
Bulk campus orders are processed once per year in the spring and allow the campus to save significant costs on computer purchases. If you are ordering outside of the bulk purchase, please contact your local IT representative or the ITS Service Desk at email@example.com. The ITS Service Desk will work directly with our Dell & Apple representatives to get the best possible price for your purchase and ensure that the computers ordered match the exact same specifications as those purchased during the bulk order.
PC/Dell Computers for 2019/2020
- Standard PC Desktop: Optiplex 7060MT / 6-Core i5 3.5GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB HD
- Lightweight Laptop 14": Latitude E7390 / 4-Core i5 1.7GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB HD
- Standard Laptop 13": Latitude E7490 / 4-Core i5 1.7GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB HD
- All-in-One Desktop: OptiPlex 7450 AIO / 6-Core i5 3.5GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB HD
Apple Computers for 2019/2020
- Standard Apple Desktop: 21.5-inch iMac / 6-Core i5 3.0GHz / 8GB RAM / 256GB HD / Part Number Z0TK
- Lightweight Apple Laptop: 13" MacBook Air / 2-Core i5 1.6GHz / 8GB RAM / 256GB HD / Part Number MRE92LL/A
- Performance Apple Laptop: 15-inch MacBook Pro / 6-Core i7 2.6GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB HD / Part Number MV902LL/A
- Dell Universal USB-C Dock: D60000
- Dell 24" Ultra sharp Monitor: U2419HC
Master Price agreements allow users to purchase products and services at pre-determined prices under San Francisco State University Wide or CSU State Wide site license agreements. The CSU-wide Agreements for Computer Hardware can be viewed at the CSU Contract Store
Institutional Purchases: Dell Higher Education
Personal Purchases: SF State Premier Portal
SF State portal for HP Direct.
Contact Jake Wozniak at the Toshiba Edu/Gov division for pricing.
1-888-625-3276 ext 7077
SF State offers offsite storage and backup for campus departments. More information on this program can be found under the Offsite Media Rotation Program Policy.