The configuration changes noted in this document are necessary to run Skillsoft's eLearning programs in Firefox. Before configuring Firefox, verify that Java is installed and updated.
Faculty and Staff can access the online eLearning courses, books, and videos free of charge at https://ds.calstate.edu/?svc=skillsoft
Enable the Java plugin
- Open Firefox and click on Tools > Add-ons from the menu bar
- Click on the Plugins tab on the left
Ensure Java Applet Plug-in Java 7 Update XX (xx=current update) is enabled
- If disabled, the text will be grayed-out; select Ask to Activate from the dropdown menu to enable the Java plugin
- Close the Add-ons Manager tab
If unable to login to Skillport and launch courseware after completing the steps to enable Java, clear the browser cache using the instructions below.
Clear the browser cache
- Click on the Firefox > Preferences from the menu bar
- Click on the Advanced icon
- Click on the Network tab
- In the Cached Web Content section, click on Clear Now to clear your web browser’s temporary Internet files
- Click on the Content icon
- Ensure Block pop-up windows is checked
- Click on the Exceptions button
- In the text box of the Allowed Sites – Pop-ups window, type skillport.com then click the Allow button
- Type skillwsa.com then click the Allow button
After both sites have been added, return to the main login window and log back into your Skillsoft account to launch the course.
- If there is a gray block below the URL address bar, click on the Allow button, then the Allow and Remember button
If unable to login to Skillport and launch courseware after completing the steps to enable Java and clear the browser cache, clear the Java cache using the instructions below.
Clear the Java cache
- Open System Preferences from the Apple menu
- In the Other section, click on the Java icon; the Java Control Panel will open in a new window
- Click on the General tab
- In the Temporary Internet Files section, click on Settings
- In the Temporary Internet Files window, click on the Delete Files… button
- In the Delete Files and Applications window, ensure Cached Applications and Applets and Trace and Log Files are checked, then click on OK to save the changes and close the window
- In the Temporary Internet Files window, click on OK to save the changes and close the window
In the Java Control Panel window, click on OK to save the changes and close the window