Information Technology Services (ITS) Recent 2018 Releases for Custom and Campus Solution (CS) Apps
ITS is excited to share highlights from our Enterprise Application Development teams’ 2018 recent releases. With these advancements, ITS has streamlined processes, improved efficiencies, increased functionality, and made the overall IT experience a great one for students, faculty, and staff.
Parking permits are available through the Parking & Transportation website. The previous purchasing process was more involved than it needed to be. In August, we launched the newly-architected Parking Permit Registration online application with a simplified design that is easier to navigate. It provides a more streamlined workflow for users, resulting in faster processing for first-time permit applications, along with some useful new features such as the Parking Map so user can view parking locations on campus, the ability to fully submit a request for parking online without having to email the Parking Department, Lot 19 automatic approvals for faculty and staff, and employees with payroll deduction can now switch between annual and semester permit types. These updates have substantially improved parking permit processes for students, staff, and faculty.
PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS)
September brought three new PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS) enhancements:
1. Enhanced Admission Status now allows undergraduate and graduate applicants to see the status of their applications and their outstanding application action items. The Admissions Office is already reporting a significant reduction in phone and email traffic during the spring 2019 application cycle.
2. GE Status Mass Update is a new process that enables admission staff to update the General Education (GE) statuses of students in batch. This was previously done on a student-by-student basis and has cut down on application processing time.
3. Electronic Graduate Application is the new, easy to use, online SF State Graduation Application containing features that improve a candidate’s user experience applying for graduation, with features such as:
- Integrates seamlessly with Campus Solutions (CS)
- Pre-populates a student’s completed SF State major and minor courses for selection criteria
- Navigates easily and conveniently to student's Unofficial Transcript and Degree Progress Report
- Generates a hard copy of the graduation application that students can take to their department and Registrar’s office for approval
- Sends a soft copy of the application to the student’s SF State email address
SF State Mobile App Single Sign On (SSO)
November brought Single Sign On (SSO) to the mobile app. This upgrade is one of the most highly requested features from students and should make using the mobile app a more streamlined and efficient experience. After you log in to any Gateway application or Campus Solutions, you are good to go without needing to log in again!
Thursday, November 29, 2018