ITS is continuing efforts to provide improved security for SF State email services. On Monday, October 25, 2021, at 8:00 a.m., the auto-forwarding functionality for all employee email accounts will be disabled. As previously announced, blocking will be enforced for any emails sent using @sfsu.edu and @mail.sfsu.edu addresses from unapproved third-party services such as, but not limited to: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, and others.
Below is a reminder of the previous announcement.
Information security is important at SF State and in order to protect University and user data and accounts, a series of changes are required to strengthen security and reduce incidents or risks. To enhance security, ITS will begin implementing changes for SF State employees’ email that will impact how SF State email can be used and accessed. The changes are consistent with the updated SF State email practice directive below:
Impacted users will be notified of these changes in advance of implementation dates listed below.
The following changes will be implemented:
- SF State email accounts configured to automatically forward to non-SF State email services, such as Gmail, will no longer be allowed. Manual email forwarding will not be affected.
- Emails sent as @sfsu.edu addresses from external email services which are not part of the SF State Enterprise email system, or approved third-party mass email services such as Blackboard Connect, will no longer be allowed.
The changes will be rolled out in 2 phases:
1. Starting June 30, 2021, a warning banner will be added to all affected messages.
2. Strict enforcement will start on September 21, 2021, when the affected messages will be blocked.
These updates introduce the following requirements for SF State email:
- Employees with automated email forwarding will need to remove the forwarding from their SF State email account per instructions below:
- SF State employees will be required to use the SF State email system to conduct SF State business.
It is also strongly recommended that users switching from third-party email to the SF State email system use the latest Outlook Desktop/Mobile clients or Outlook Web Access (OWA), which are officially supported and provide the best functionality and user experience.
If you experience issues or need assistance, please contact the ITS Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-338-1420.